Cashier - Summit Chalet
The Summit Chalet Cashier position is the face of the Summit Chalet. Located at the summit of Moose Mountain the Summit Chalet Eatery provides meal and bar services to our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Itemizing and computing total orders or food and beverage orders utilizing our Siriusware programs.
- May provide bar services if over 18 years of age.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge of Lutsen Mountains food and beverage products, computer software, and current employee meal discount programs.
- Clears and cleans tables both indoors and outdoors.
- Maintains the areas surrounding the chalet.
- Runs orders to customers when needed.
- Restocks goods and customer areas.
- Assist with the back-of-house duties when needed.
- Performs end-of-day closing tasks and clean up.
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to provide consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests.
- Must be able to maintain composure in a high-paced environment.
- Cash handling experience help
- Must enthusiastically work with the public.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains mission and guiding principles.
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must be resourceful in finding answers to guest questions.
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to uniform standards.
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business needs)
Education and/or Experience
Prior cashier and/or bartending experience is a plus but not required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50lbs.
- Work will be required both indoors and outdoors.
- Transportation to the Summit Chalet is provided via mountain tram; staff should wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the weather and ground conditions.
- Staff should be aware of the unlikely possibility of a mechanical or electrical malfunction of the mountain tram, causing riders to have to be evacuated.