The slides below share our take on the top ten reasons guests love Lutsen.
10. Lake Superior ————— While any top ten list is subjective, the majesty of Lake Superior makes everyone’s top ten. The more frequent you visit, the more it climbs toward #1.
9. Snow ————— We are blessed with it. Good snow – white, fluffy, deep. Averaging 10’ of lake effect snowfall each season, Lutsen is a true winter wonderland.
8. Creative Community ————— The stunning landscape attracts writers, artists and musicians. Their wares available at shops & galleries. Their skills shared in workshops and classes. Just being here is inspiring.
7. Ease and Value ————— For most visitors, Lutsen is a drive-to destination, inherently saving the hassle and expense of airline travel. Relax – it’s your vacation.
6. Hospitality ————— Minnesota’s first resort started here. With a 130 year tradition of hospitality, you’ll find the finest collection of family owned resorts and lodges in ski country.
5. Adventure ————— Lutsen is a community that embraces winter. Where some see challenge, we see adventure and endless opportunity to explore the magic of winter.
4. Modern Mountain Resort ————— Continuous reinvestment keeps Lutsen at the forefront of today’s resort destinations.
3. Live Music ————— With over 200 shows/year, Papa Charlie’s is renown as one of the top music clubs in Minnesota. Going out is just more fun when everyone’s on vacation.
2. Family Memories ————— You come for the skiing, but leave with memories that last a lifetime and traditions that last through generations.
1. Mid America’s Largest ————— There are many nice ski hills in the Midwest, but only one true mountain resort. By any measure – vertical rise, variety of terrain, resort facility, value – there is no comparison.