Snowsports Lesson Policies
Online Reservations: All lessons must be placed online in advance. Lessons are available for booking online until 8 am on the day of the lesson based on availability.
Lesson Cancellation: Lutsen Mountains Snowsports Learning Center has a 72-hour cancellation policy. You may receive a refund minus a 5% processing fee if you cancel a lesson 72 hours prior to the date of the lesson. Due to high demand, there will be no refunds for lessons canceled within 72-hours.
Refusal Policy: Lutsen Mountains reserves the right to refuse a child due to age, communication barriers, tardiness, behavior, availability, or readiness for the program.
COVID19 Snowsports Center Policies & Procedures:
- Stay home if you are sick. If you or your child are sick please do not attend your lesson, give us a call prior to the lesson begin time to discuss options.
- The Snowsports Center will be closed to the public this season. Students will meet their instructor outside. If temperatures require a warming break, classes will have access to the Snowsports Center on a staggered schedule to allow physical distancing.
- Arrive on-site at least 60-90 minutes prior to your class start time, all students should be suited up and ready for their lesson 15 minutes prior to class and at our check-in location with gear and lift ticket. We will not accept any students in a class once it has begun.
- All student lessons will be concluded at our Flapjack learning terrain and all students will be picked up at this location by the person listed on their online order form.
- If you have questions or need to speak with a staff member, please call the Snowsport Center 218-406-1325 or ring the buzzer at the front door and a staff member can meet you outside.
- All students must have face covering, goggles, and gloves. During break periods children may remove their goggles when seated, and their face covering while eating or drinking. We will refuse any student who does not come properly prepared.
- Self-assessment of COVID symptoms should be part of a daily routine for all visitors to the resort. If you are sick - please stay home. Temperature checks are required of all students participating in ski school classes. Students with a temperature of 100.4 F or higher will not be allowed to participate.
- We will not offer all-days lessons this season. To offer lessons to the greatest number of people with our current capacity restrictions, students are limited to one 1-hour private or half-day group class per day.
- The minimum age for lessons is age 4.
Other Participation Policies, specific to kid's programs: Children in lessons should be prepared to ride lifts with snowsports instructors, other children, or by themselves. Your child will not always ride ski lifts with an instructor, if you want your child to always ride with an instructor, you must arrange for a one-to-one private lesson.
Your child must be toilet trained - not in diapers or pull-ups for on-snow programs.
Instructors will do their best to promote fun and information learning, however, they will not force a child to participate and our staff will notify you to come to pick them up. Lutsen Mountains does not refund money for children who do not want to be on snow and are in our care.
If your child is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please refrain from bringing them into our program. If they should suddenly develop any flu-like symptoms while in our care, our staff will notify you to come to pick them up.
We do not allow peanut butter or peanut products in our facility.
Cell phones are prohibited during children's lessons. We suggest that all devices are left with a parent and/or guardian if a device is left in our Snowsports Center Lutsen Mountains is not responsible for the device if it is lost or stolen.