Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Ensure availability of sufficient snow-cats for daily grooming requirements.
- Ensure operational reliability and safety of road vehicles.
- Maintain an orderly work area.
- Service and repair vehicles, participate in company training to gain skills and knowledge.
- Properly complete paperwork associated with job duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Demonstrate safe work habits including compliance with all safety guidelines and procedures and use of personal protection equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon orientation.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Experience working in the ski industry is preferred.
- Experience with snowcats, diesel engines, hydraulic, small engines, and welding preferred.
- Must have excellent comprehensive mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Is consistently dependable and arrives to work on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must give 2 weeks' notice if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
- Uses time efficiently and works quickly; completes tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all uniform standards.
|MAINTENANCE APPRENTICE||$22-$28/hour||Prior experience in the general mechanic field, must have an interest in continuing education/certification in the field.|
|MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 1||$26-$32/hour||5 years of experience and degree/certification/license in the field are required.|
|MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN 2||$32-$38/hour||10+ years of experience and a degree/certification/license in the field are required.|
All full-time year-round employment at Lutsen Mountains includes:
Option for Health, Dental and 401k
Paid Time Off tier structure
FREE access to Lutsen Mountains winter & summer activities for yourself and spouse/dependents