Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Ensure availability of sufficient snow-cats for daily grooming requirements.
- Ensure operational reliability and safety of road vehicles.
- Maintain an orderly work area.
- Service and repair vehicles, participate in company training to gain skills and knowledge.
- Properly complete paperwork associated with job duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Demonstrate safe work habits including compliance with all safety guidelines and procedures and use of personal protection equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon orientation.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Experience working in the ski industry is preferred.
- Experience with snowcats, diesel engines, hydraulic, small engines, and welding preferred.
- Must have excellent comprehensive mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid drivers' license.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Is consistently dependable and arrives to work on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must give 2 weeks' notice if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
- Uses time efficiently and works quickly; completes tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all uniform standards.
Education and/or Experience
Willing to train the right individual with good mechanical aptitude. Knowledge of welding and electrical experience is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to work on your feet, stand, and walk for up to 8 hours at a time in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to reach in all directions, including overhead, and flexible in range of motion.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs of material routinely unassisted and occasionally up to 100lbs.
This is a full-time position with full benefits including Health, dental, 401K, and great resort benefits which includes season passes for family.