This role oversees the overall operations for the kitchen areas of Papa Charlie's Tavern and Legends Restaurant. The Kitchen Manager’s goal is to ensure the kitchen department runs smoothly and complies with safety regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Kitchen Operations
- Ensure food is prepared, portioned, and cooked to proper health code standards
- Maintain a safe and efficient kitchen through equipment management and cleanliness.
- Model, lead, and support safety programs.
- Stay current with guest and employee health and safety regulations,
- Maintain a daily checklist and report for food quality and portions.
- Be present and handle guest services issues and complaints that may arise
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments daily
- Work in the Kitchen with staff cooking guests' orders
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed, or the restaurant is particularly busy
- Communicate clearly and effectively with staff members and be helpful in organizing front and back-of-the-house communication.
- Work with the F&B Director to schedule kitchen staff at levels aligned with the business needs
- Be able to train multiple students and adjust to their needs in learning and growth within the culinary field as part of their internships. Work with F&B and HR to ensure proper hiring levels are met for Papa Charlies and Legends
- Monitor inventory levels and perform weekly inventory assessments
- Communicate inventory needs with F&B Director
- Ensure departmental compliance with the Employee Handbook and Guest Services procedures including dress code and behavioral standards
- Review food and beverage related accidents with the F&B Director and ensure all documentation is handled appropriately and timely
- Attend weekly staff meetings and liaison with Lutsen Management for various needs for other departments and/or events
- Communicate, manage & authorize payroll through the “When I Work” Scheduling Program
- Communicate professionally and courteously with guests and employees in person, through email, and over the phone to be sure that any issue has been properly processed and proactive prevention actions are established.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager, or Head Chef
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training, or job-related coursework required
- Must be a team player
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Conflict management abilities with the ability to manage a team in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work during evenings and weekends
$23-$28/hour based on experience
All full-time year-round employment at Lutsen Mountains includes:
Option for Health and Dental Insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401K
PTO (Paid Time Off)