Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Maintain resort standards of cleanliness and understanding and follow pre-established guidelines and direction from the manager or supervisor.
- Completes daily routes to various hotel areas to ensure overall cleanliness of rooms, restrooms, outlying areas, and departments.
- Transport and carry cleaning supplies including a housekeeping cart, vacuum, and sanitizers to/from the various resort and outlying areas.
- Clean hotel units, common areas, restrooms, hallways, lounges, and corridors to ensure health and quality standards are met.
- Pick up trash and debris, empty wastebaskets, and transport waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing machines.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Replenish supplies, and toiletries in restrooms and communicate the need for cleaning products to the manager or supervisor.
- Respond to room calls.
- Performs other tasks and/or related duties as assigned or required by management and supervisors.
- Helps to maintain resort and common areas including; shoveling and garbage pick-up.
- Cooperates with uniform standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to provide consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests
- Must be dependable and work as a team
- Must use time efficiently; works quickly
- Must meet productivity standards
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays required and willingness to flex up or down in scheduled work hours (based on business needs)
Education and/or Experience
Prior housekeeping experience is a plus but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions, and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain, etc...) during the course of the day.
- Constant walking through resort facilities, up/downstairs, and frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling to clean designated areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.