The Ski Patrol position at Lutsen Mountains is responsible for performing guest service functions such as accident handling, administering first aid, trail maintenance, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and employees, Opening and Closing procedures, and lift evacuation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Day-to-day implementation of mountain trail maintenance including trail openings and closings.
- Administers first aid and transports injured guests.
- Initiate contact with guests to answer questions and enforce safety.
- Help direct guests to appropriate areas.
- Keeps up-to-date information about resort and area amenities including guest services programs.
- Helps to maintain the areas around the Ski Patrol building including; snow blowing, shoveling, garbage pickup, and other items instructed by management.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to provide consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests.
- Must ski or snowboard proficiently
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains mission and guiding principles
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team
- Must use time efficiently; Works quickly
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize daily tasks.
Education and/or Experience
Must have current First Responder or EMT certification.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions, and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain, etc...) during the course of the position.
- Must be able to push, pull, or carry heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and schedule.
- Must be willing to work evening and night-time shifts.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs regularly and lift and/or move up to 100+ lbs on an occasional basis.