Summit Chalet Cook
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Produce a successful service while handling multiple priorities.
- Use appointed cooking techniques to prepare menu items in accordance to resort specifications.
- Weight, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or as instructed using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperatures.
- Plate all food items in accordance with guest orders and company specifications then place them on the line for pick-up.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas such as; equipment, work surfaces, and serving areas to ensure safe/sanitary food handling.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients including rotation of stock.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Is consistently dependable and arrives to work on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must give 2 week's notice if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
- Uses time efficiently and works quickly; completes tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all uniform standards.
Education and/or Experience
Previous cooking experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting 25-50lbs.