A Lift Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot, maintain and repair ski lift equipment to ensure safe use and transportation for guests and employees. Preventative and routine maintenance is performed year-round in changing and extreme weather conditions on fixed grip, detachable, and surface lifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following:
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time, use ladders, and work at variable heights (15-80 ft above ground). Lift up to 60 lbs unassisted
- Prepare and safety check lifts for daily operation before Lift Operations arrive. Should be able to complete lift start-up procedures independently
- Ability to think critically and pay attention to detail. Understand maintenance recommendations of all ski lift manufacturers by interpreting diagrams and manufacturers’ manuals. Understand and follow all ANSI, State, and Federal Regulations
- Use of considerable judgment to determine actions to be taken
- Willing and able to participate in all maintenance needs.
- Maintain a positive attitude consistently, including during high-stress situations.
- Able to work concurrently with all Resort staff and encourage a productive work environment.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
||Prior experience in the general mechanic field, must have an interest in continuing education/certification in the field.
|maintenance technician 1
||5 years of experience and degree/certification/license in the field are required.
|maintenance technician 2
||10+ years of experience and a degree/certification/license in the field are required.
All full-time year-round employment at Lutsen Mountains includes:
Option for Health, Dental and 401k
Paid Time Off tier structure
FREE access to Lutsen Mountains winter & summer activities for yourself and spouse/dependents