Front Desk Manager
Lutsen Mountains is searching for a detail-oriented, organized, and professional individual to join our team as the Front Desk Manager for our lodging properties, Eagle Ridge Resort and Superior Ridge Resort. As part of the management team, the Front Desk Manager should be someone who strives to provide the highest level of guest experience. This role makes decisions affecting guests and operating procedures that contribute to the success of the front desk, quality control, and housekeeping.
**This position is onsite with a typical schedule of 12pm-8pm and includes weekends and peak holidays*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able and willing to perform all line-level positions associated with the front desk.
- Establish a positive environment for profit, productivity, and teamwork in the workplace.
- Defining and implementing front desk objectives and procedures.
- Enforce standards for personnel administration, performance, and service to all guests.
- Oversee the reservations via phone and online for Eagle Ridge and Superior Ridge at Lutsen Mountains Lodging Properties.
- Work with guests regarding requests and guest satisfaction.
- Work with housekeeping and maintenance staff for any guest needs regarding check-in times or general guest requests.
- Oversee reporting for pacing, analysis, and patterns in reservations.
- Work with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager on yield management and internal operations.
- Provide motivation, training, and development for front-desk employees.
- Ensuring that the front desk and reception area are kept clean and organized.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a front desk manager or similar role.
- Proficient in hotel front desk software such as RDP (Resort Data Processing) is preferred.
- Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Good leadership and training abilities.
$25-$28/hour based on experience
All full-time year-round employment at Lutsen Mountains includes:
Option for Health and Dental Insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account), 401K
PTO (Paid Time Off)