The Night Houseman reports to the Housekeeping Manager, who will schedule the houseman and assign duties.
The houseman’s primary duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Routine pool checks, recycling, and trash removal responding to room calls, transferring water, security patrols, housekeeping support, and maintenance support.
- Adhering to the established routine to complete all nightly tasks in a timely manner and completing all required paperwork.
- Working with Front Desk personnel to provide guest services and fulfill guest requests in a timely and professional manner.
- On occasion, the houseman may be required to perform other duties in the Resort, working with other departments to fill staffing needs, and may be assigned to such by the Human Resources Manager.
Required Elements of this Position:
- Must be able to provide a consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests, providing a positive guest experience.
- Must be able to communicate with guests in a professional manner.
- Must be able to drive company vehicles and handle other company equipment with safety and care.
- Must be able to complete light maintenance duties with skill.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains mission and guiding principles.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team.
- Must use time efficiently; Works quickly.
- Ability to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; shows cooperation and enthusiasm.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and complete daily tasks.
- Ability to be constructive during slow times.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, and lift or move items up to 50 pounds.
- Work takes place outdoors in varying conditions. The employee may be exposed to cold temperatures, wind, sun, and rain.
- An employee should be able to drive a company vehicle (truck, van, or golf cart).