Alpine Ski Instructor - Snowsports Center
The Alpine Ski Instructor position for Lutsen Mountains is responsible for teaching the techniques of downhill skiing to our guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for teaching alpine skiing to individuals of all ability levels, including children.
- Maintains an organized and inclusive approach to instruction at all times.
- Helps to maintain the courtyard areas in front of the gondola, snowsports center and Scandinavian Chalet including shoveling, snow blowing, garbage pickup, and other items as instructed by management.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, and the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to teach skiing in a safe environment
- Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions
- Must be able to provide friendly and efficient services to our guests
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policy
- Must be resourceful in finding answers to guest questions
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensure works responsibilities are covered when absent
Education and/or Experience
Ability to ski and/or snowboard.
Previous teaching experience preferred but not required.
Staff must be able to work on weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting 10-25lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.