Food & Beverage Director
Food & Beverage
Year-Round | Summer | Winter
The Food & Beverage Director position for Lutsen Mountains is responsible for leading three food service outlets plus banquets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial goals
- Understands all opening and closing procedures for all food & beverage operations
- Has a full understanding of all computerized programs in Food and Beverage.
- Designs, promotes, and executes all F&B related events and activities
- Prepares and administers annual budgets for F&B operation
- Provides world-class Guest service in accordance with established guidelines and standards
- Works closely and professionally with the Management team to ensure Guest satisfaction
- Provides a safe and sanitary environment for guests and employees
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventories of all operating supplies
- Keeps abreast of current trends
- Responsible for food & beverage inventory and maintaining proper inventory levels
- Reviews menus and pricing with all concerned parties on a quarterly basis
- Implements and executes SOPS and accounting programs
- Monitors and maintains revenue reports on a daily basis to ensure accurate record keeping
- Participates in the MOD (Manager on Duty) rotation condition
- Other duties may be assigned.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a related position.
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of five years experience and ServSafe license.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting 25-50lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.