Groups & Events Coordinator
Banquets & Events
The Groups & Events Coordinator position for Lutsen Mountains is responsible for the coordination and implementation of our onsite groups & events for Lutsen Mountains, Eagle Ridge Resort, and Summit Chalet weddings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with guests/clients/couples during the planning process for their event/visit.
- Finalizes all details and timelines for groups and events.
- Collects and processes all invoices and payments.
- Leads events on the day-of to ensure the quality of service.
- Oversees onsite banquet and event staff including training.
- Assists Guest Services Director with site tours and bookings.
- Handles all post-event invoices and event follow-up.
- Works with banquet team on menus, details, and execution.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon hire.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, and the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Passion for providing quality customer service.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must know and support Eagle Ridge & Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience Prior supervisory or management experience a plus. Minimum of one-year event or banquet experience preffered.
Staff must be able to work on weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting 25-50lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.