Part-Time and/or Full-Time
The Snowmaking position at Lutsen Mountains is responsible for the maintenance and positioning of our snowmaking equipment and snow. This position begins November 1st.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform maintenance on the mountain's snowmaking system and associated equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must have the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have appropriate outdoor wear
- Must use time efficiently; works quickly
- Four wheeler and/or snowmobile experience helpful
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize daily tasks
Education and/or Experience
Prior knowledge of snowmaking a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain, etc...) during the course of the position.
- Must be able to push, pull, or carry heavy equipment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and schedule.
- Must be willing to work evening and night-time shift.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs regularly and lift and/or move up to 100+ lbs on an occasional basis