Ski Area Lift Maintenance
Year-Round | Summer | Winter
The Ski Area Lift Maintenance position at Lutsen Mountains is responsible for repairing and maintaining ski lift machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Observe mechanical devices in operation to troubleshoot and correct the causes of trouble.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Install special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Repair electrical equipment and machinery
- Other duties may be assigned.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon orientation.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, and an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical labor.
- Must be able to climb towers.
- Must be able to work at heights in excess of 30ft.
- Must be able to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to stay on shift until work is completed.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Is consistently dependable and arrives to work on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must give 2 week's notice if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
- Uses time efficiently and works quickly; completes tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all uniform standards.
Education and/or Experience
Willing to train the right individual with good mechanical aptitude. Knowledge of welding and electrical experience a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Regular lifting of 50lbs+.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.