Banquets & Events
The Banquet Server position is responsible for the setup and implementation of our banquets to provide prompt and accurate food service during an assigned banquet events while providing a level of hospitality that exceeds guest expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of our ceremony site including chairs, arch, sound system, and carpeting.
- Assist with the indoor set-up and take-down of our reception site including tables, linens, chairs, place settings, and other event set-ups.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure meals are delivered in a prompt and accurate manner following all safety/resort guidelines.
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism, hospitality, and confidence when making contact with guests.
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A full job description and handbook will be provided including all duties upon orientation.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- As a customer service representative, servers must provide consistently friendly, efficient and courteous service to our guests at all times.
- Maintain a positive demeanor in verbal and non-verbal interactions with guests and team members.
- Must be able to work as a team, while balancing team and individual responsibilities.
- Ability to problem-solve according to guest demands and company policies.
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains' mission and guiding principles.
- Is consistently dependable and arrives to work on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Must give 2 week's notice if you are unable to fulfill your shift.
- Uses time efficiently and works quickly; completes tasks.
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Employees are expected to adhere to all uniform standards.
Education and/or Experience
Prior serving experience with an emphasis in banquets is preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is expected to be on their feet regularly, moving around at a fast pace.
- Occasionally lifting 10-25lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Work will be required both indoors and outdoors.
- Transportation to the Summit Chalet is provided via gondola; servers should wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the weather and ground conditions.
- Staff should be aware of the unlikely possibility of a mechanical or electrical malfunction of the gondola, causing riders to have to be evacuated.