Year-Round | Summer | Winter
Part-Time and/or Full-Time
The Gondola Operator position is responsible for the safe operating of our 8 passenger Summit Express high-speed mountain gondola.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide a friendly greeting to guests at the gondola, gives loading instructions, assists guests loading and unloading.
- Collects gondola tickets from summer and winter guests, ensures winter guests have a valid lift ticket.
- Operates the gondola and understands the basic functions, parts, controls, emergency equipment and safety measures.
- Maintains ramps, walkways, stairs and base areas.
- Helps to maintain Lutsen Mountains property including snow removal, garbage pickup, and other items instructed by management.
- Help direct guests to appropriate areas.
- Completes all tasks that are assigned for their station.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Knowledge Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Responsible accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to provide consistently friendly and efficient service to our guests
- Must know and support Lutsen Mountains mission and guiding principles
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have appropriate outdoor wear and be in compliance with uniform standards
- Must demonstrate a focus on safe operations of lifts while consistently greeting and promoting a positive guest experience
- Ability to problem solve according to guest demands and company policies
- Must be resourceful in finding answers to guest questions
- Must be dependable and able to work as a team
- Must use time efficiently; works quickly
- Ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize daily tasks
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain, etc...) during the course of the day.
- Constant walking through resort facilities, up/down stairs and frequent standing
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs regularly and lift and/or move up to 100+ lbs on an occasional basis