Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager is responsible for the timely cleaning of rooms at Eagle Ridge Resort and supervising the housekeeping staff. This is a full-time, year-round position requiring 40 hours per week and occasional pre-approved overtime during busy times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- On a daily basis, the assistant housekeeping manager organizes and prioritizes work for the cleaning staff according to the arrivals.
- Assign who is going to work together on the cleaning and stocking teams.
- Prepare each team’s agenda and paperwork for the day and issue supplies and equipment.
- Keep in contact with and check on the staff to make sure they are on track and completing the job up to standards.
- Direct re-entries as communicated by QC. Advise QC when the re-entries are complete so QC can release rooms to the Front Desk.
- Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
- Assign teams to conduct towel and trash services.
- Establish and implement operational standards, procedures, and training for cleaners and stockers. Goals include increased efficiency and reduced time waste by having a streamlined procedure and proper training and maintaining a minimal number of re-entries.
- Walk each employee through training sessions on the procedures and steps for cleaning and stocking rooms. Follow up to ensure they are following the procedures.
- Hold staff accountable by sending them back to areas they need to re-do. Use the established paperwork to track patterns of which teams consistently need to re-enter rooms, and use it as a tool for improving their job performance and productivity.
- Keep a current written manual for the department’s operations, procedures, tasks, to-do lists, etc.
- Work in a teamwork-like manner with other departments to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Work with Front Desk for any guest needs regarding check-in times or guest requests.
- Communicate to maintenance any maintenance needs in rooms or around the property.
- Collaborate with other departments regarding changes in policies and procedures.
- When appropriate, share staff with other departments when demand requires. Includes cleaning Papa’s and Rosie’s on the custodian’s days off, sending staff to help at the Summit Chalet on busy days, etc.
- Other general Housekeeping Manager duties include:
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment, and take corrective action.
- Select the most suitable cleaning materials for different types of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces.
- Inventory and order cleaning supplies and equipment to ensure there is stock available in adequate amounts.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure that it is in working order.
- Prioritize and schedule rooms for seasonal deep cleans; work with maintenance so their preventative maintenance duties can coincide with the deep clean schedule.
- Other supervisory duties include:
- Create a staffing schedule based on the needs of the week, taking into account any overtime restrictions and avoiding unnecessary overstaffing. Coordinate with HR on staffing needs, requirements, and questions.
- Confer with staff to resolve performance and personnel problems, and to discuss company policies.
- Supervise in-house laundry services and transportation.
- Work with HR to make sure international staff has reliable transportation.
- Make sure staff is dressed in an appropriate uniform.
- Approve time cards on a bi-weekly basis.
Education and/or Experience
Previous housekeeping experience required, management experience preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine exposure to inclement weather, freezing conditions, and outdoor elements (snow, sleet, rain, etc...) during the course of the day.
- Constant walking through resort facilities, up/downstairs, and frequent standing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling to clean designated areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.