Job Title: Assistant Front Desk & Guest Services Manager
Direct Report: Front Desk & Guest Services Manager
Department: Lodging & Guest Services
Type: Fulltime Year-round
Benefits: Healthcare | Dental | Vision | PTO (Paid Time Off) | HSA (Health Savings Account) Match | 401k Match | On hill Perks for employees and their families
Lutsen Mountains is a part of Midwest Family Ski Resorts, a multi-generational family-owned and operated mountain resort with 3 of the oldest and largest resorts in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Our company culture reflects family-focused values due to our family ownership, our management team, and our guests, who are primarily Midwest families. We rely on team members who are excited about taking ownership of their role, adapting to change, and working collaboratively with our family of team members.
Lutsen Mountains is searching for a detail-oriented, organized, and professional individual to join our team as the Assistant Front Desk & Guest Services Manager to aid in overseeing and coordinating the duties and procedures of the front desk at Eagle Ridge & Superior Ridge Resort as well as the Central Reservations and Ticket Sales teams.
As part of the management team, the Assistant Front Desk & Guest Services Manager will be someone who strives to provide the highest level of guest experience This role is responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring elevated levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, teamwork, and guest services.
- Assist in the management of operations for the Front Desk for Eagle Ridge and Superior Ridge and the central reservations and ticket sales teams
- Handle scheduling and timesheet approvals when the manager cannot
- Cut shifts as needed when we are slow
- Ensure confidential information learned through working with HR (Human Resources) remains confidential
- Work with the Front Desk and Guest Services Manager to implement necessary training/coaching on products and POS systems, weekly scheduling, informational support, guidance, and motivation to staff
- Work alongside the front desk, central reservations, and ticket sales teams performing the same duties daily
- Assist in directing department objectives and workflow - analyze workflow issues and working with the manager to implement workable solutions
- Establish a positive environment for profit, productivity, and teamwork in the workplace
- Ensure adherence to quality standards of guest services
- Maintain superior knowledge of all resort products and support Lutsen Mountains sales goals
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all POS systems (Siriusware and E-Commerce platforms)
- Work with housekeeping and maintenance staff for any guest needs regarding check-in times or general guest requests
- Work with staff to ensure the guests’ needs are being matched with an appropriate resort product while being mindful of the resort's sales goals
- Communicate and work with all resort departments in resolving guest issues and assisting in sales training efforts
- Supervise the efficient use of location supplies and maintenance of equipment
- Maintain a pleasant and secure working environment
- Act as liaison with other departments and deploy ticket sellers to assist if needed and/or appropriate in other departments
- De-escalate customer concerns/complaints
- Troubleshoot issues with the POS and communicate with management
- Filling in for absent employees as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the business
- Acting as a role model for all employees by continuously exhibiting an elevated level of service and attention to detail in all tasks
- Assist accounting with chargeback investigations and other reconciliations as needed
- Coordinate group sales and ensure communication of incoming groups is clear to the whole team
- Participate in the MOD (manager on duty) rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in customer service-oriented supervisory or management role
- Bachelor's degree in hospitality or similar is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a front desk manager or similar role.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Familiarity with scheduling tools such as WIW (When I Work) or similar
- Proficient in hotel front desk software such as RDP (Resort Data Processing) is preferred.
- Good understanding of procedures and practices in the hospitality industry.
- Experience with Siriusware or equivalent software preferred
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Good leadership and training abilities.
- A creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements
- High School degree; additional qualification as an administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed. In addition, as we are a recreational business, availability on peak holiday timeframes and weekends is required.